Joining the A2J Competitive Kompany
About our Kompany Teams
Students will be auditioning with material that they have learned during summer intensive. Students may ask to restart, if they choose to do so.
Dancers can only audition for a genre if they have already had one year prior experience in said genre.
For students who desire more training and performance opportunities at competitions and conventions, we’d love to have you join our dance family!
- We are currently running our summer intensives on Tuesdays through the months of June and July. Visit our "Summer Classes and Camps" Tab for more information!
Team Requirements & Audition Dates
- Competitive dancers are selected by audition. The dancer must be present at auditions in order to be placed in a group.
- 2021-2022 Competition Team auditions will be held in July of 2022.
- Prospective competitors may choose which genre(s) to try out for. You choose which and how many genres to audition for. You can choose to try out for all genres or just for one. If you try out for a genre, you are committing to compete with that group if selected.
- All auditions are closed to the public.
- We may also have some specialty small group numbers. All of these will be by invitation only. If invited, please know that you are obligated to remain in your large group dances if you choose to accept and participate.
- In order to audition, students must attend our Summer Intensive for all current and prospective competition dancers May through July.
- The team competes in 2-3 regional competitions every year with at least one being local. Attendance at all competitions is mandatory for every competitor. Competitors are also required to attend each convention that we schedule per year as a studio, excluding all minis.
- All competitors, with the exception of some minis, are required to enroll in and regularly attend jazz or ballet class as an additional monthly cost. Attendance will be considered and monitored weekly. Dancers may choose to enroll in a recreational class or audition for competition if they have had previous experience in the genre.
- Audition results will be posted in our app "A2J Crew Dance Kompany." Download it here:
Informational Parent Meetings
- We will hold an informational parent meeting before competition season begins to discuss what competition involves and answer any questions for those who are new to the team. (Friday, September 3, 2021 at 6:00pm via Zoom Meeting)
This year we have built a strong foundation with our students during their weekly summer intensive classes. Technique has been drilled, new skills have been taught and worked on, and we have reviewed them from week to week. Therefore, we believe that our students are prepared for their auditions and we will not be posting their tryout requirements publicly.
What do I wear?
What does it mean if I make the competition team?
Classes & Other Important Information
News Updates and Choreography